Banana Bread (Quick Potluck/ Breakfast)
Banana bread is easy to make. It goes great with your morning cup of coffee and it's an excellent thing to bring to a potluck where someone else is already bringing the wine and veggie dip.
“If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest all the stars and all the heavens.” --Robert Browning (a bread lover)
Prep Time (the time it takes to chop and mix all the ingredients together)
Cook Time (the time it takes to bake the bread)
1 Hour 5 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
(Total 7 ingredients)
(bowl number one)
- 2 cups of flour (use a measuring cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sugar
(bowl number two)
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 whole stick at room temperature. It's easier to mash. Don't melt it in the microwave)
- 2 eggs (beaten/ mixed)
- 2-3 bananas (this is a great excuse to get rid of your brown, over ripe bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven (turn the knob to 350)
2. Use oil and cover the inside of a bread ban (like wiping on sun screen)
3. In a large bowl: mix flour, baking soda, salt and sugar (all the dry stuff)
4. In another large bowl: mix banana (mash with your hands till it looks like baby food), butter (should be soft because it's at room temperature) and the eggs.
5. Combine bowl number one and bowl number two. Mix until all the white flour has become batter.
6. Pour into bread pan
7. Put into oven (middle rack)
8. Set your alarm and cook for 60-65 minutes.
9. Take it out of the oven and let it cool somewhere.